Monday, July 20, 2009

Aqua-Running in Georgian Bay

That's me way out in the Bay with my white hat on so my daughter could keep an eye on me.

These waves were better for kayaking then aqua-running.


I was able to get in a good week of training while vacationing on Georgian Bay. The weather was better at the beginning of the week and I was able to get in a 25 min. aqua-run on Wednesday however skipped Friday's planned aqua outing due to the whitecaps on the lake and the chilly water temps. I had to venture out quite a ways in order to get deep enough because of the rocks and boulders close to shore. I also had a few good runs with an interval workout on Tuesday and a Tempo run on Thursday. Saturday's long run was a bit of a disappointed when I had to end my planned 50 min. run at 39 minutes due to my long suffering knee pleading for mercy. I was also able to get 2 weights and core workouts done between all the fun the girls and I were having with Grandma & Grandpa who really spoiled us with great food and non-stop activities.

No comments: