Thursday, June 30, 2011

Race Pictures




Sitting down in front of a blank page is a fearful thing for me. I know if I dare to make a mark that I must be prepared to see the truth as it is revealed to me in graphite. No matter the outcome though I am always amazed when I am able to make something from nothing.

That blank page in my sketchbook is very much like the starting line of a race. The race course is the white void of the paper waiting for me to put my mark upon it. Every step is a stroke of my pencil and as the outline of the race takes shape the final picture is revealed when I cross the finish line.

Though never 100% satisfied in the end all I can do is look at what I have created, see the truth that was revealed and take some pride in the fact that my sketchbook now has one more picture and one less blank page.

 

3 comments:

Sara said...

Cool.
Like.
:)

EJ said...

Me loved the dog video you posted for Gary;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Sara said...

Isn't that the best? See how it has almost 45 million views? Well half of those are from me.