Saturday, January 14, 2012

The early runner gets the...

The early runner gets the pristine snow. The sleepy head gets this...

I'll have to get up earlier if I don't want to run through and around this kind of mess left behind by the snowmobilers and cross country skiers. By the the time I took these pictures the trail was actually much more runable as more snowmobilers had broken up the icy clumps I found myself in a few hours earlier. I can't complain though because the early risers get the pristine snow so I was the sleepy head today;-)

I'm looking forward to my first snowshoe run of the year tomorrow during part of my long run. It was hard not to throw them on this morning but I put it off one more day per coach's instructions. Then hopefully one or two more times on them and I should be ready for next weekends Frontenac Park Snowshoe Race.

2 comments:

slowrunner said...

nice! we have nothing here yet!

Eliza Ralph-Murphy said...

There was nothing on Wednesday and now it's a winter wonderland. You'll get yours.